Friday, July 31, 2015

7/31/15 More ripe figs harvested

Another week of unusually hot weather in Seattle has created the perfect ripening conditions for figs here in the PNW. 90 degrees for most of the week.

I've been told that Peter's Honey will not ripen here but so far I've picked 4 super sweet little guys from the tree in the last couple of days.

I also have a newly discovery fig. Initially I thought it was Brunswick because of the elongated fruit, but after cutting into it and comparing the leaves, fruit shape and color, I'm pretty sure it is a Violetta.

The taste has the perfect amount of sweetness, quite figgy and a nice crunch to the seeds. It's not overly watery like a ripe desert king.

It's definitely not as large as the brunswick. the breba and the main crop appear to both have the elongated fruit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment