Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Brown Turkey??? Update 09-24-15

So what I thought was brown turkey, I'm not so sure anymore.  I bought these as cuttings last year from ebay. They are 2 yr old plants after this season. Weird but I've been looking forward to tasting brown turkeys to see why everyone hates them so much. But as it is, they are not looking like they they are brown turkeys and could be some green/yellow fig instead.

Here's how they look on 9/14/15.  Kinda reminds me of an LSU Gold.


Update 09-24-15

So today I picked off one of the ripe fruits from the tree that I believe is a white Kadota. It weighed in at 35.5 grams. It definitely was ripe when I picked it. There was no latex on the stem. I hate to believe that there are bad figs out there but this has got to be the worse tasting fig I've ever eaten. It''s insipid. Bland, tasteless, crunchless, and has a mouthfeel of eating cold soggy noodles. I am not a fan.

I hate to get rid of fig trees but this one has to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment