Thursday, October 20, 2016

My Marseilles VS Black was very close to ripening this year but...

My Marseilles VS Black was very close to ripening this year but...



Those pesky squirrels or birds have been stealing so many of my fruit that I was forced to pick it early. You can see here that the color never really got to a dark black color.


It's the middle of October and the days are shorter and beginning to get cold.


The fruit could have definitely used another week or so to ripen. It was still firm to the touch and was not very sweet. It weighed about 31 grams.



The taste was somewhat disappointing because it was not fully ripened, hopefully next year will be a different story. But I cannot give it a true taste ranking because the fruit was not fully ripened.





No comments:

Post a Comment