Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow in Seattle and an Update on the Greenhouse plants

This is a quick update on the greenhouse and the plants inside of it. It's unheated so I didn't expect the plants inside would be that much better off than the outdoor plants but there were some nice surprises. Notably the yellow and white Jaboticaba. They have retained their leaves in the 20F something temperatures and are still thriving. Considering the fact that they are only small plants. I would suspect a larger plant might survive the Seattle winters with a bit of protection.

Moving forward next year I will purging some plants. If they cannot survive in my unheated greenhouse I will probably not grow it any longer.

We'll see what survives this spring. til then my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment