Tuesday, June 20, 2017

2017 has been a cool season so far

2017 has proven to be one of the coolest and wet seasons so far. The figs are not loving it. Most of the Brebas have dropped and the main crop is far behind. We might have touched into the 80's for about 1 or 2 days but most of the time we're struggling to hit 70.



This is the sight that I'm getting used to. It's great for the grass but terrible for fruit production.



Because of the wet season, no amount of copper spray was able to save my stone fruit from the dreaded leaf curl disease. My brother's and sister's tree looks just as bad. There's not a single fruit in sight, it's enough to make me want to rip it out.











1 comment:

  1. We got 520 GDD this year. At the same time last year we had 871.
    My cherries had ripened 3 weeks ago last year compared to just yesterday.
    Unlikely that many main crop figs will ripen this year.

    ReplyDelete