Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Review of the Vincenzo Fig Breba 2017

I got this Vincenzo Fig from a cutting last year. In February 2016. I've read great reports about it. based on the photos I've seen online. The fruit kinda reminds me of the Sals Corleone or Aldo Palermo fig.



Well I'm glad this year this little tree put out a great little breba for me. I did not ripen this one in the greenhouse. It was winter protected, which I do for all of my 1st yr trees, but brought outside once the temperatures begin to get about freezing in the spring.



Anyhow, I was impressed that this fig ripened even before my in ground DK brebas. What was even more impressive was the taste. It was very good. Melon tones, hints of honey, and dripping with nectar. My 1yr old son loved it and wouldn't share. You probably wouldn't either after you taste how good this is.





This might be a good candidate to grow in ground here considering how well it's done with minimal protection and how great tasting the breba was!



Vincenzo: Breba (7/25/17)
Taste: 8.5
Sweetness: 8
Size:  6 (55.5 grams)
Productivity:  .5
Total = 23


No comments:

Post a Comment