Thursday, January 11, 2018

Let's experiment with growing Sugar Cane in Seattle

It's no secret that I love my tropical fruits and plants. Now that it's winter time, I've brought in most of my tropical to the south windows. And my house has turned into a very "Asian House" with plants all over the place. Reminds me of my aunts and uncles houses.



I was about to buy some sugar cane cuttings on Ebay but I managed to find some at the local Viet Wah here in Renton. $1.50 each!


The process is simple. Add water and walk away. In a matter of weeks the roots will start to form.



I'll wait for a bit more root growth and will then add them into a pot of soil.

4/16/18 Update:



Here's the video






4 comments:

  1. Hey I would love an update as I am growing Sugar Cane here in Seattle too. How is it doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm north of Seattle and would love to know how everything turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried watering and planting horizontal at all?

    ReplyDelete