Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Unboxing my Oro fig

So I love the look of striped figs. Sadly the much more affordable and I guess tasty Panache just does not ripen here in the Pac NW. 

As an alternative there are some striped figs out there that supposedly also have breba crops. Namely, Oro, Rigato Del Salento BV, and popone. Atleast with a variety that gives brebas I'll have a chance at eating a ripe striped fig.

I got the Oro off of figbid.com and I am quite happy with it. It came from Brian Melton, who has an uncanny way of getting all the good stuff. 

Check out the video below. I've added some interesting facts about the variety as well. 



2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many varieties - the striped one is definitely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Learned a lot from this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete